Child Protection Policy
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Prestonfield Golf Club is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people.
Prestonfield Golf Club affiliates to the Scottish Golf Union/Scottish Ladies Golfing Association and the golf club recognises the policies of these governing bodies, as set out in the Guidelines for Child Protection for Golf Clubs and Facilities.
This document outlines the Golf Clubs commitment to protecting children.
These guidelines are based on the followings principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
The Golf Club will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in golf safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within the golf club.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within the golf club.
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
Club Child Protection Officer: __Elizabeth Taylor_______________________________________
To view this policy in a PDF format click the link here CHILD PROTECTION POLICY – 2015
Updated by Liz Taylor 11/11/15