The James Braid designed Prestonfield golf course is nestled below the stunning backdrop of Arthur’s seat in a former deer estate in Edinburgh. With the imposing backdrop and mature trees, you would be forgiven for thinking the course was set in a country estate rather than only 1.5 miles from Edinburgh city centre. The views alone make Prestonfield a must visit, but the challenging 6200 yard course is also a gem. It is one of the longer in the city centre, yet is still a gentle walk with no severe gradients.
A great club to join…
We welcome golfers of all abilities and our fixture lists are full of a various golf competition types, with something to suit everyone. Check out our 12 reasons to join page.
Members of Prestonfield Golf Club enjoy a number of benefits*, including heavily discounted green fee deals on another 120 James Braid designed courses throughout the world (See James Braid Deals 2014)and
- Reduced fee reciprocal agreements with 11 other local clubs via the Edinburgh Golf Green Fee Agreement
- Members party of up to 12 at guest ticket prices
- Use of the facilities for private functions in our £1m clubhouse
- Free spouse/partner card for clubhouse use
- Discounted bar prices
- Discounted lessons with our PGA professionals
- Advertise your business in our directory and offer special deals to other members.
*some benefits apply only to 7 day members
Our state of the art club house boasts
- excellent changing room and locker facilities
- comfortable lounges
- a wide and varied catering menu
- a well stocked and fairly priced bar
- regular social nights and buffet catering events
- the opportunity to hire the meeting room and clubhouse areas for functions and corporate meetings and events
A memorable place to visit…
If you are looking to play golf in Edinburgh, visitors to Prestonfield Golf Club are always warmly welcomed by the Club and the Staff. We can promise you a wonderful experience on this scenic parkland golf course in the heart of Edinburgh.
We have practice facilities, a state of the art clubhouse to enjoy a drink or bite to eat in, before or after your game, full shower and locker room facilities and a well stocked professionals shop.
Hire of clubs, trolleys and buggies are all also available through the pro shop. Booking in advance for buggies is recommended.